High-speed light-intensive distance and thickness measurements
With the confocalDT 2465 (single-channel version) and the confocalDT 2466 (dual-channel version), Micro-Epsilon has developed a new generation of confocal controllers. It is used for high-precision distance measurements, as well as synchronous double-sided and multi-layer thickness measurements of transparent objects. The multi-peak variant detects up to five transparent layers at once. A materials database is available for thickness measurements, in which target specifications such as refractive indices can be stored.
The new models are characterized by their high light intensity and speed. This enables the full measuring rate of up to 30 kHz to be fully utilized on numerous surfaces. Even on dark and rough surfaces, the controllers provide extremely stable measurement signals at high speed.
The controllers are compatible with all confocalDT sensors. Easy configuration is possible via the web interface. Measurement data output is via Ethernet, EtherCAT, RS422 and analog. Output via PROFINET and EtherNet/IP is also possible. However, an optional interface module is required for this.
- Resolutions down to the nanometer range
- Ideal for automation and production monitoring
- Fast surface compensation for measurements on almost all materials
- Distance and thickness measurements at high speed up to 30 kHz
- High light intensity enables fast measurements even on dark and rough surfaces
- Up to five transparent layers can be measured simultaneously